Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Lovin'


I have been on a summer lovin' high the past few days with the gorgeous weather! After the rainy June we have had I'm appreciating it even more. The pool water was a little cold today and the baby made sure I knew he felt the same by kicking me like crazy. After some rays and exercise I was in the mood for something refreshing. The cure to my craving? Berry popsicles! These sweet treats are refreshing, easy, and a good way to get your fruits in for the day. With the fourth coming up next week I may be getting into the festive spirt and make some red (strawberry) and blue (blueberry) ones.

Hope you enjoy the recipe

Makes 8

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup of sugar or splenda
Popsicle sticks

Directions:
In a food processor or blender, combine berries.
Add water and process until smooth.
Stir in sugar and blend well
Spoon mixture into 8 popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks half way.
Freeze at least 2 hours
Unmold, serve, and ENJOY

Photo: Better Homes

0 comments: